Texas to Mexico

Discriptions, pictures, recipes & monologue of life for a Texan in Mexico. The Mexico experience...

Sunday, October 01, 2006

City Lights

Torreon at Night
Last weekend when we were out in the evening at dusk & as the night closed in around us I thought about the many sights one might see in a 24 hour time period here in Torreon ~ actually any city in Mexico. At night in Torreon there is a whole different feel & look. The beggars have left the street corners for the day, traffic slows & the old men with donkeys pulling heavy loads have gone home for the night. As the lights flicker on people begin to pack the restaurants, bars & clubs; it makes the city look larger & even glamorous. The night seems to somehow wash the city clean & even the pervasive desert dust begins to settle some.

My favorite Poet is Robert Frost who penned perfectly his thoughts on night.

I have been one acquainted with the night.
I have walked out in rain - and back in rain.
I have outwalked the furthest city light.
I have looked down the saddest city lane.
I have passed by the watchman on his beat
And dropped my eyes, unwilling to explain.
I have stood still and stopped the sound of feet.....

5 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Beautiful, but, sniff sniff, kinda sad
:(

12:25 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

Lo Siento:(

1:15 PM  
Blogger Hornsfan said...

These photos are beautiful, it's an amazing transformation and some how during the time I was there Dad never took me out after dark so I missed this!

6:28 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

I guess you two were too busy sight seeing by day!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

Comments left by bloggers to advertise & sell their stuff will be deleted no question about it!

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home