Texas to Mexico

Discriptions, pictures, recipes & monologue of life for a Texan in Mexico. The Mexico experience...

Monday, February 05, 2007

Not normally a vindictive person~I do have my moments though!

Today was a national holiday in Mexico. Dia de la Constitucion. The celebrating in our neighborhood was going full force last night & we were trying to get to sleep when some loud Mariachis arrived on the scene. We heard trumpets & loud singing until the neighbor's pesos either ran out or the musicians had another engagement to attend. At that point we really thought we would get some sleep but that was prior to the drunken Karaoke music beginning. While Karaoke is very entertaining when you are there to see people make fools of themselves~it is not so entertaining at 2am! And it was certainly bad with the off key screeching voices I heard! It truly wasn't the 3 Tenors of Las Isabeles!
I don't generally resort to violence but believe me I was becoming vengeful & even murderous at 2am. I think an air horn would be a great investment here in Torreon. It would have been awesome to awaken the Karaoke crew this morning at about 6am! I guess we should be thankful since one of my friends here said they were awakened by Mariachis almost every weekend during the summer months!

Mariachi music is charming & even pleasant when it doesn't wake me up late at night!

6 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Durant said...

Love the top picture! You go girls!
Arrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiibbbbaaaa~

5:38 PM  
Blogger Hornsfan said...

At least it wasn't roving troubadors...or roving mariachi's. They could've tried to rove under your front windows and then it would've been worse!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

They sounded like they were powered by cervezas!

5:44 PM  
Blogger ClaudiaH said...

Nights like that must cause a little homesickness for your quiet Misty Woods!

7:35 PM  
Blogger carlacares said...

Hey Dee,I can send you a electronic megaphone. Webb has one around here someplace.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

Well he may have to bring that on his next trip to Mexico! A bit of retaliation might be in order for the late night tenors!

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home